Crosstown Shootout Brawl: Cincinnati Bearcats vs Xavier Musketeers


Look, everyone know this is a big game. So you expect some kind of trash talk and chest thumping but what happened today was just embarrassing, not only for both universities but for Cincinnati itself.

I'm a huge Bearcats fan, but Yancy Gates needs to be suspended for about eight games or have him kicked off the team. He threw about four punches and landed two of them. There is just no way you can excuse that kind of behavior.


And Tu Halloway, he sounds like his feeling got hurt by some words Sean Kilpatrick said. Here is what he said during the post game presser.


During the week, Cincinnati guard Sean Kilpatrick told an interviewer that Holloway - the Atlantic 10's player of the year - wouldn't start for his team. Holloway wanted the last word as the clock ran out.
"I was just saying it's my city right here," Holloway said. "I'm cut from a different cloth. None of them guys on that team is like me, so I don't understand. I felt disrespected for them guys to come at me and talk like that, so I let the whole staff over there and let their players know that none of them is like me.
"That's what you're going to see from Xavier and Cincinnati," Holloway said. "We got disrespected a little bit before the game, guys calling us out. We're a tougher team. We're grown men over here. We've got a whole bunch of gangsters in the locker room - not thugs, but tough guys on the court. And we went out there and zipped them up at the end of the game."

I mean I don't think I could say it any better that how Mick Cronin put it, there are bigger things in life than these guys. If you wanna watch what Mick had to say click here. It's a must watch, it starts about the 3 minute mark.