Heads Up On DUI Checkpoint


"The Hamilton County OVI Task Force says it has canceled a DUI checkpoint for Friday night because it's supposed to rain all night. The checkpoint will be scheduled for next Friday, Oct. 30. Times and location will be released Oct. 29" news.cincinnati.com

I'm not sure if I'm following this correctly. I thought the whole purpose of a DUI checkpoint was to catch people under the influence while operating a motor vehicle. Not to give them a heads up, so they can go around it. This shit's crazy, its like the police calling up a suspect and telling that person to stay put while they come over. I don't think people are that dumb to the point where they will drive through a DUI checkpoint after a night of parting. But I could be wrong, there could be dumb asses out there that will still do it.