Drunk Dial



An Amherst man gets wasted and drunk dials the cops looking for a place to stay for the night.

The Lorain County Sheriff's Office tells 19 Action News James Hubbell called dispatch to say he was driving drunk and headed for the police station.

Hubbell:
"I want you to put me in jail, alright, cause I got no place to (expletive) go!"
Dispatcher:
"What are we going to put you in jail for?"
Hubbell:
"I'm drunk and I'm driving, so (expletive) pick me up and take me to jail."


Hubbell needed a place to crash because the day before, Sheriffs Deputies ordered him to leave his home because of a temporary protection order. Once at the station, the 64-year-old man failed several field sobriety tests and slept it off in a cell. Hubbell entered a not guilty plea for drunken driving and failure to maintain physical control in court on Monday. He's due back in court at the end of the month. woio.com

Two things here:
1) Thank God I have never made any drunk calls like this in my life.
2) Thank God people like this exists, so I would never have to do it.
 
I mean in all honesty it the cops fault for kicking him out of the house to begin with, and I wonder how drunk he really was, because he was operating a motor vehicle and talking on the phone at the same time.