Dr. Laura to quit radio after N-word flap



"Talk radio host Dr. Laura Schlessinger says she's quitting her radio show a week after saying the N-word several times in an on-air conversation with a caller. Schlessinger said on "Larry King Live" Tuesday that she "made the decision not to do radio anymore" because she wanted to regain her First Amendment rights and say what's on her mind."wsj

CALLER: “Is it OK to say that word? Is it ever OK to say that word?”
DR. LAURA: “It depends how it's said. Black guys talking to each other seem to think it's okay.”
CALLER: “But you're not black, they're not black, my husband is white.”
DR. LAURA: “Oh, I see, so a word is restricted to race. Got it. Can't do much about that.”
CALLER: “I can't believe someone like you is on the radio spewing out the n-word, and I hope everybody heard it.”
DR. LAURA: “I didn't spew out the n-word!”
CALLER: “You said ‘nigger, nigger, nigger,’ and I hope everybody heard it.”
DR. LAURA: “Yes they did, and I'll say it again: nigger, nigger, nigger is what you hear on HBO."

What is she talking about her first amendment and shit. The 1st Amendment protects citizens from the government limiting freedom of speech. It doesn't preempt public opinion or the actions of private individuals.

The caller had a legitimate issue and she turned it into a rant about how white people can't call black people the n-word when blacks use it amongst themselves. As if white people everywhere feel oppressed because they can't use a clearly racial term for black people, towards black people. If you're a national talk radio host, you cannot use that word like she did. While she was saying it, I'm sure she thought she was standing up for white rights everywhere or something, but I don't remember anyone ever saying that was an issue, and I'm pretty sure almost all white people understand why they can't use that word.

But honestly who cares about the N-word, there was time for the N-word but not in these modern times. I really wish idots of all races would stop using the world.

I"m just glad another old, rich, white person is off the air. Can't wait for the day Rush and someother assholes are off the air.