Talking About Cincinnati Bengals TE Jermaine Gresham


What do I want to say about Jermaine Gresham?
Let me say this first, he has proved me wrong. He has stepped into the Bengals starting 11 and has been an revelation over previous TE's. And I was not expecting him to do that because of an off year with his injuries at Oklahoma.
To me a TE is someone that has to be one of the smartest players on the field. But I don't think any TE is  worthy of a first round pick. So I will admit I was a bit disappointed  that the Bengals drafted him in the first round. Don't get me wrong there was defiantly a need for a good talented TE on the Bengals roster, but again to me no TE is worthy of a first round pick.
So with Jermaine Gresham missing his last year at Oklahoma with injury, I had my eye set on another TE named Aaron Hernandez from Florida. I know Aaron is a little shorter and little smaller than Gresham, but I felt like athletically they were equal, so why draft a guy that was injured all year long compared to a guy that was producing all year long.
I was hoping that the Bengals would of have drafted an Offensive lineman (Bryan Bulaga) or a Defensive lineman (Dan Williams) in the first round. And draft Aaron Hernandez or Rob Gronkowski in the third or fourth round.  And I was a little upset when the Bengals did draft a TE in the first round especially that being Jermaine Gresham.
It's is hard for me to admit this, but so far Jermaine Gresham has proven me completely wrong, he has played well in all phases of the game, catching, blocking and running.
Here is hoping for more good things out of my new favorite TE Jermain Gresham.