Whats Wrong With Carson Palmer?


I have watched him play since he was drafted, and I still feel like he is our QB and our leader.
Here is what former great Boomer Esiason said about Carson “I do believe in his heart that he knows he has to play better and I think it will happen sooner than later. Not every QB has hit their stride yet,”. “He hasn’t played his best by any stretch and he’s got to be a Top 5 quarterback. With what they have on offense he should be completing 65 percent of his passes, averaging 270 yards a game and two touchdown passes.”
I agree to some extent of what Esiason said, but I don't agree that Carson is a top 5 QB at least not now and not last year. But can Carson improve? Sure he can.
Critics are saying Carson's passes are over thrown or under thrown, but that's every QB in the league does that. Just because he's our QB we put him under a microscope and dissect his every move.
I would like to see Carson be more active on the field rather than his California cool calm demeanor. But sadly I don't think he is going to change anytime soon.
I think every Bengals fan out there want Carson to be Peyton or Brady, but I don't think that's what the coaching staff want ( which is another topic ). So he has to do what his coaches want. I do believe Carson can put up some ridiculous numbers, but that is not how this offensive scheme is set up. I think the coaching  philosophy by Marvin Lewis is take care of the ball control and keep possession. They just basically ask Carson to manage the team and I think he has done that pretty well.
Until Carson starts playing like any Cleveland QB, we might be overreacting to his play.