Re-Cap Miami RedHawks vs UC Bearcats


Miami RehHawks 3
UC Bearcats 45
For the first time this year I'm at Nippert Stadium to catch the Cincinnati Bearcats. And what a game it turned out to be. The ass whooping was handed out by the Bearcats early and often.
After a close lose to Oklahoma two weeks ago, UC need to comeback strong. And that's exactly what they did, from the get go Miami had no chance in this game. The quick-strike offense that the Bearcats fans were accustomed to was back. It took two plays on offense to put six points on the board.
I will be honest, I was a little disappointed by Miami tonight, I was hoping to see the same team that gave the Florida Gators a good run.
After watching the Bearcats play against Oklahoma and Miami, I think it's safe to say the two-time defending Big East champions got their swagger back just in time for conference play.
All I can say is this, when Isaiah Pead is on the field this team plays different. Pead is our X-factor, he makes the offense move. He makes it easy for the QB to play without too much on his shoulders.
Not only was this a redemption game for the fans and the coaching staff, but it was big redemption game for D.J. Woods and he didn't disappoint. I know it was hard for Woods after his fumble near the goal line and again on a punt return in the closing minutes against Oklahoma, but he showed strength and guts coming back tonight against the RedHawks.
I hope all the paranoid Bearcat fans out there can breath a little easier now. After seeing two great performance, I firmly believe Butch Jones was the right man for the job.
This win should sent the two-time defending Big East champions into conference play with plenty of momentum. If the Bearcats keep playing like this next week, the Louisville Cardinals don't hold a chance.
Sorry for the gay picture of me trying to kiss the Bearcat

PS.
A shout out to the good friends that kept me company at the game.
And a special shout out to Melvi for getting me the ticket.
Image via: The Enquirer/Joseph Fuqua II
Stat: ESPN